Tuesday, March 15, 2005

03/15/2005 - KBOS-KJFK: "Boston Legal 2"



03/15/2005 - KBOS-KJFK
Type of Flight:
Day
Aircraft: Embraer 170
Callsign: Jet Blue 1123

Summary: A nice day for the late morning commute to JFK, and we had another Boston Legal celebrity in first class today, this time Shirley Schmidt, managing partner of Crane, Poole and Schmidt. As the pilot, I took the opportunity to comment on the recent Boston Legal sightings in first class (I got a buddy at Alaska who flew Alan Shore last week)...Anyway, I told Shirley I was surprised that a firm like CP&S didn't have its own private jet to fly its people around in. She gave me a tight, empty smile and said that her partners, a couple of "rich schoolboys obsessed with model rockets and baseball cards," had sneaked one on the side for themselves, but she thought planes were a ridiculous waste of money and that anyone who wanted one was compensating for something. She said this to me dead in the eye, a JetBlue pilot! Her rejoinder caught me so off-guard, I mumbled something about it being a good thing we were here to offer a cheaper alternative, and rushed back to the safety of my cockpit. No wonder she wins in court. A friendly chat about airplanes, and I'm running away like a ten year old caught with a girlie magazine. <sigh>

Anyway, the flight was alright. Air Traffic Control flew us practically halfway across the Atlantic before I finally made some polite noises about our destination being New York, not Amsterdam, and they got us turned around and headed to the airport. Now, I know the skies are busy (I could see four aircraft coming across Long Island) but come on! And the ride was bumpy coming in. I had to get people buckled in their seats early, and we had a bit of a crosswind on landing. But still a smooth landing (yes, I'm former Air Force), and a nice, quick taxi to the gate. The digital pictures I took of the flight are enormous, but gorgeous. I increased the resolution on the later ones, so about mid-flight they jump from 1024x768 to 1280x1064. Enjoy, (if you have the bandwidth to do so)!

Screenshots (300k-1mb each):
Ready to taxi - Boston skyline in the background. Notice the shoulder of the pilot in the cockpit.
Cleared for takeoff
The Pilot's View Of The Runway - Check out the vast oil marks!
Climbing to Flight Level 7,000

Mid-Air Beauties: the Atlantic on one side land on the other 04 05 06 featuring the sun the pilot and co-pilot share a small office Excuse me, miss. Can I get my extra bagel now? my favorite! the same stunner, from the other side an oversized tin can featuring the moon 14 15

We hit fog over the Atlantic...
...As we descend to 4,000
Racing to the roost, now that ATC's clued in to our flight plan - Ops Manager is gonna be pissed that we're landing 30 mins. late
Leaving the Atlantic behind
Does everybody have their flotation device?
What a beautiful aircraft
More beauty...
And more... - 1280x1024 shots start here!
And more...
I can't stop photographing her! - Stop me before I hurt somebody!
Getting back to land
Here's the four aircraft I could see...
On final with gear down
From the side...
Touchdown!
Getting taxi clearance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home